Wolf's Ridge Brewing and Releases

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Brown120, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider889

Spider889 Meyvn (1,293) Mar 24, 2010 Ohio
    Society

Yeah I don't know what that dude's issue was but multiple people told me he was causing a scene. Completely unnecessary given that all bottles lasted until 4 or so.

I couldn't believe how fast that cask blew. I kept monitoring the sour, assuming it would have been the first to go. Cinnamon Toast Brunch was also gone insanely fast and that was a Firkin.

2. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (10,217) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

This is Ohio. RHUBARRRRRRRRB!!!

Honestly I'm surprised there's not more rhubarb beers out there.

And now for the flood gates.

Spider889 likes this.
  3. owen49

owen49 Initiate (37) Jun 13, 2009 Ohio

I thought the release was great. Wife and I couldn't stay for too much of it, because of kid duties, but the early tickets were perfect for us. I loved having the chance to try the beers on tap before deciding what to buy, and the food was top notch. (This led to me buying more BB Canis, which I thought was fantastic, and only a single bottle of BB Pi, which I did not much care for.) Really well organized, and I thought all the staff were great. Nice job.

4. Sabtos

Society Trader

Any kegs of Espresso Canis left? I'm having a heck of a time getting a bottle!

5. Spider889

Society

One or two might pop up around town but it's all gone at the brewery. A small number of bottles hit distro so it's conceivable a shop has a couple bottles left.

Sabtos likes this.
  6. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Disciple (343) Oct 20, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

That beer was unreal. Opened a bottle the other night and it was outstanding. I prefer it to the base and the BA version. So good.

Spider889 likes this.
  7. Sabtos

Society Trader

Makes me feel so much better about missing it :flushed: lol!

Spider889 and RyanMcFly1985 like this.
  8. Spider889

Society

Don't think it's been officially announced yet but this Thursday we're releasing bottles of Coconut Howling Moon in the taproom (opens at 4). No line or tickets, no limit while supplies last. We brewed a batch up after winning People's Choice at Fat Head's last month.

Should also have some bottles of Cinnamon Toast Brunch and Pi left as well.

9. BeerBuckeye

BeerBuckeye Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2009 Ohio

Weird question...I know the taproom Halloween party is happening this Saturday, will the OSU game still be on? Have friends that live nearby who we're watching the game with, but they have a prior engagement and might not be back for kickoff.

10. pest

pest Disciple (372) Sep 2, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

FYI that game got rescheduled to 3:30.

11. Spider889

Society

I can't imagine them not playing the game but I'll ask.

12. Spider889

Society

They are going to be playing the Buckeye Game and the World Series game Saturday in the taproom.

RyanMcFly1985 and BeerBuckeye like this.
  13. tepie

tepie Initiate (79) Aug 26, 2015 Ohio

Stopping by saturday for the first time, are the tap room and restaurant at the same location? Just looking to get a flight or two and hang out. Thanks.

14. Sabtos

Society Trader

Basically the same place, connected, but somewhat separate.

If you just want a flight go to the taproom, (which is around the corner from the main brewpub entrance or down the back stairs from inside the brewpub), because it has a very expansive list and is beer-centric, although they also have food.

However, I'd be remiss to not suggest you hit up the brewpub side, because the food there is excellent. Really top notch stuff. Taplist is smaller but if it's not busy they might be willing to slip in the back downstairs to see what's on tap there. Thing is it's always busy when I go, brunch is a BFD in Cbus for whatever reason, and Wolf's Ridge might be the best place in the whole city for it.

tepie likes this.
  15. masterofsparks

masterofsparks Zealot (576) Nov 15, 2009 Ohio
    Deactivated

Same location but the taproom is in back. It has its own entrance if you go around the side of the building.

16. Spider889

Society

A few must try beers only in the taproom (again, a nice server will maybe make you a flight from the back if you eat up front) :
    Cinnamon Toast Brunch
    Coconut Howling Moon
    Coffee Vanilla Dire Wolf
    Pi (if you're into pumpkin beer)

JohnnyMc, Nick_B, tepie and 2 others like this.
  17. tepie

Tried them all, we had a great time. Coffee vanilla dire wolf was great. Hit the restaurant for brunch, thought it would be dead, and it was a full house at about 11:30 saturday. We ate at the bar, then moved to the tap room. The tap room was quiet at 12:30, but that was fine with me.

Spider889 likes this.
  18. BuckeyeBeerhead

BuckeyeBeerhead Initiate (143) Jun 18, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

@Spider889 any time you want to make that one-off cask of Pi w/ coffee and vanilla a regular thing in bottles every fall, you go right ahead. That stuff was heaven.

Spider889 likes this.
  19. Spider889

Society

Yeah sometimes I forget to warn people that brunch is crazy both days. Glad it worked out though!

20. MajorBuckeye

MajorBuckeye Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2012 Ohio

Nice to see those new Hefeweizen and Earthrise IPA bombers popping up around town.

@Spider889 Any more bottle release events planned for 2016? Or are you maybe targeting January to coincide with the next Wolf Moon again?

21. Spider889

Society

Yeah I'm really stoked to have both those beers in bottles and love the art Space Junk had been putting out of late.

No bottle releases left for 2016, but before the year is out we'll bottle limited quantities of Gold Standard and Sustinator.

Next bottle release will be January 28th, which is more meant to coincide with the taproom anniversary. it was just really cool coincidence that this year's was directly on the Wolf Moon.

The beer will ultimately dictate what we release, but am currently planning for Rum Dire and/or Rum Line, Port Dire, and Sherry Dire. Probably some non-ba stuff too.

22. PJ_

PJ_ Initiate (152) Nov 13, 2014 Massachusetts

All the Rum!

Spider889 likes this.
  23. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (3,162) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Society Trader

Earthrise is a great beer. Also had a cask pour of it at Fat Heads that was fantastic. Love that label! Hopefully we will see 6 packs before long

24. MajorBuckeye

....so I can potentially drink my last bottle of Rum Line over Thanksgiving without worrying if I'll ever see more again? Awesome. Can't tell you enough how fantastic that beer is. And I can't wait to try the new Dire variants as well!

PJ_ and BuckeyeBeerhead like this.
  25. Spider889

Society

Definitely, that was my favorite variant from the January release.

MajorBuckeye likes this.
  26. Spider889

Society

Bottling 4 packs of Dire Wolf today. Very limited right now but we'll grow the brand into a more regular rotation on the bottler.

At the brewery today and will hit distro tomorrow.

tepie, BuckeyeBeerhead, PJ_ and 3 others like this.
  27. PJ_

PJ_ Initiate (152) Nov 13, 2014 Massachusetts

January 28 !!!

From their Facebook.....

Five limit on Rum Line!!!!

tepie, Nick_B, WesMantooth and 2 others like this.
  28. Spider889

Society

MajorBuckeye and Elkevjoe like this.
  29. Madcap74

Madcap74 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2013 Ohio

For some reason I remember paying $35 for the early bird ticket last time. I'm guessing the increase is because of the Yub Nub?

30. Runofthedill

Runofthedill Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 Ohio

@Spider889. I just wanted to say big ups to you guys. I was at the last BA offering and send the whole set to a buddy of mine that is a brewer at Green Flash in VB and they were super super impressed by all of them. Just wanted to say props, especially on the BA Canis.

Wish I could make it this time just to get that Yub Nub again but keep doing what you guys are doing.

31. Spider889

Society

Pretty sure it was $40 last time and we were pricing super competitively (vs cost) because we hadn't anticipated tickets being in quite such high demand. Anyways, this time we included a bottle to take home which added cost, and aside from the nice sandwich, coffee, and barrel aged flight it also means no worry over lines, cold, allotments, avoids the huge crowd, etc.

I don't foresee the price changing much again unless we remove benefits. Future events will likely feature a different exclusive bottle or a nice glass or the like.

#151 Spider889, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Elkevjoe likes this.
  32. Spider889

Society

Right on, appreciate it. I think we'll try to bottle Yub Nub in bombers for a proper release sometime this year unless something new takes precedence.

33. DovahBeer

DovahBeer Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2016 Michigan

I loved the Strawberry Rhubarb you guys had on cask at the last event any chance we'll see that making a comeback soon?

34. Spider889

Society

Doing a rhubarb variant of our hefeweizen for this release (cask again). Might look into a larger batch of something this summer with rhubarb. Totally underestimated the fervor that beer would inspire, lol.

Zonian1 likes this.
  35. DovahBeer

DovahBeer Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2016 Michigan

Yea I definitely hope you guys decide to bottle it eventually that would be amazing

36. tepie

Saw the early bird tickets sold out, how many were there?

Think we locked in our plans to travel to columbus from cleveland saturday for the event, this will be my first wolf event, we've been down before just to checkout the place, so definitely want to see the release environment.

Hope some bottles last, won't arrive till noon prob.

37. Spider889

Society

There were 75 tickets this time, sold out in approx 1-2 minutes amazingly.

There ought to be plenty of bottles left by then, but the port will definitely be gone by then, I think the others will be ok but no promises, obviously.

Hope you enjoy the visit Saturday, we'll have a ton of amazing drafts at the absolute minimum.

Elkevjoe and tepie like this.
  38. MajorBuckeye

Must. Bottle. Bourbon Barrel Coffee Joy.

39. tepie

Wow awesome taps, Florida moon and the yub nub were the winners. Rum line was awesome too. Couldn't get into the sherry barrel, but the port worked.

40. wildcatdotdotdot

wildcatdotdotdot Initiate (102) Jul 22, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

This. I didnt even get to try this beer but the regular at the last release was my favorite of the day, and all my buds said the barrel aged yesterday was best of show too. Must bottle!

MajorBuckeye likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.