Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Wormtown Dark Day released today

Discussion in 'New England' started by rudzud, Mar 21, 2012.

1. rudzud

Beer Trader

Dark Day is their Black IPA. It will be distributed to their usual locations as well as available in 22oz bottles at the brewery (bottles can be purchased today at Wormtown/Peppercorns). This is, I believe, an initial batch/run (much like how Pro-Am was).

2. jomobono

Subscriber Beer Trader

How is the food at Peppercorns? Anything worth getting?

3. rudzud

Beer Trader

Food is good, slightly pricey, but solid. Rotating specials are good. Also, their current tap list is still everything from their party, which is AMAZING.

After having some Dark Day though, it definately needs to sit for a week or so. Due to complications with labeling the batch sat on hops for a bit longer than normal, resulting in a very hoppy black IPA. Give it a little time though and it'll be back to the hoppy, chocolately roasted malt black IPA that was delicious all those months ago as right now the hops definately overpower the malts.

4. FluffyMcTingle

Personally, I only like the Pizza. I mostly just go for the beer, which is always great.

5. kleo

The food there causes me trouble. It's like a lactose intolerance manifestation despite my not actually having that issue. So I eat at home then get my beer.

6. jomobono

Subscriber Beer Trader

Kind of like the Horseshoe Pub in Hudson.

7. kleo

We should go into both and in our best Woody Allen voices say "excuse me could I set at the bar? Your food gives me gas."

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe