Worst beer you've tried

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by anglagard1, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FriedSlug

FriedSlug Poo-Bah (2,556) Feb 20, 2012 North Carolina
    Society

Oddly I loved that beer even though every fiber of my being said 1. Don't buy that 2. Don't drink that 3. Who would make that. For some reason it all clicks with me and I really like it.

Brought it to a party and I had to drink it myself. Guess I have odd taste.

JonBeer and timmaaww like this.
  2. lambpasty

lambpasty Devotee (426) May 3, 2013 New Hampshire

Recently has to be the 2014 Shipyard Prelude, tasted like cork taint and wet cardboard. I genuinely hate dumping beer down the drain, but after making it barely halfway through 4 bottles on 4 separate occasions I just chalked up the loss for the last two.

tasterschoice62 likes this.
  3. --Dom--

--Dom-- Aspirant (272) Dec 22, 2012 Missouri

Anchor Christmas Ale... If I ever win the lotto.... I'm gonna pay them to stop making that beer...

WiscoTerr and steve50 like this.
  4. sybian

sybian Initiate (89) Aug 30, 2010 New Jersey

Mikkeller Big Worse. I seriously hope it was a tainted bottle, but it was horrendous. I tried to choke down a couple sips, but ended up down the drain. From the BA, reviews, it looks like a lot of bad bottles out there.

5. tjmiller718

tjmiller718 Aspirant (268) Mar 31, 2011 Virginia

21st Amendment Tenure or Samuel Adams Imperial White

6. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Defender (627) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

You are kidding right? I love this beer

IPAandGreenChile likes this.
  7. AnchorDrops

AnchorDrops Aspirant (247) May 11, 2013 Michigan

Either Innis & Gunn BBA stout (buttery metal) or Atwater BBA Porter

anglagard1 and steve50 like this.
  8. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Defender (627) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

Mikkeller Peat Whiskey Black Hole was horrifying and a complete waste of money

9. docoman

docoman Disciple (355) Nov 21, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Worst to me is Bud Light of course was many years ago, but didn't like it from first sip... I tell people Bud Light is what comes out of me in the ceramic bowl after "filtering" a GOOD beer through my body and the nasty by-products is Bud Light... :slight_smile: Will never, ever drink that stuff...

More recently... Pumpking Rum Barrel Aged beer... couldn't finish it... first time I had to do drain pour of craft beer...

seabeetastetest likes this.
  10. iwhoopedbatman

iwhoopedbatman Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2014 Maryland

Some crap that had a pepper in it. It was over 15 years ago, so I can't remember the name, but it was the most awful thing I've ever had, not just beer.

11. sixa66

sixa66 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2015 Florida

Not kidding! I love stouts and like pepper beers but this one just wasn't for me. I drank half of one and gave the other 5 cans away.

12. digitalflood

digitalflood Zealot (541) Feb 4, 2011 New York

Red Dog or Ice House. Holy Jeebus is that horrible. Olde English at room temp is vile. Don't do it.

13. BanditoJunkie

BanditoJunkie Initiate (0) Nov 10, 2012 New Jersey

HiCu - Magic Hat Brewing...smelled like perfume or a glade deodorizer..

14. Tripel_Threat

Tripel_Threat Poo-Bah (2,931) Jun 29, 2014 Michigan
    Society Trader

A can of Miller Lite that warmer to more than ice-cold. Some beer is meant to be drank fast.

15. TheHammer

TheHammer Meyvn (1,120) Feb 15, 2009 Canada (ON)

The worst was Corona Light and Sleeman Clear...but I went in knowing what to expect. I think the worst one though that blindsided me was Wychwood Forest Fruits, or as I like to call in "The 10% real juice" juicebox of fruit beer

16. MetalMistress

MetalMistress Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2015 Georgia

I change my worst beer experience. You reminded me of the time I bought a Shock Top Apple after I ran a 5k. I thought it would be a nice treat. After the first sip I spit it out and drove myself to the pub to rectify that horrid mistake.

17. Rothobinide

Rothobinide Disciple (370) Jun 28, 2014 California

WORST beer? Hard to say nowadays... however I did have a Pacifico a few months ago that left my mouth with the nastiest toilet water aftertaste and I couldn't get rid of it for two days.

18. bozodogbreath

bozodogbreath Disciple (381) Oct 19, 2006 Indiana
    Trader

Had to drain pour a Blue Pants beer at a recent tasting. I tried my best to knock it back, but couldn't. After doing the drain pour I realized that the last beer I drain poured was also a nasty Blue Pants I had received as an extra in a trade. Poopy Pants might be a better name for that brewery.

19. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Poo-Bah (13,753) Mar 18, 2010 California
    Society

1997 Sam Adams Triple Bock.

Givemebeer likes this.
  20. Zetcha7x

Zetcha7x Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2014 Pennsylvania

Probably not the worst I've had, but the first thing that comes to mind is the Miller High Life that I had a my Dad's on Christmas. I hadn't had one in years and really just wanted to check it in on Untappd. I was surprised how terrible it was. I used to drink MHL all the time, but man it was rough going down...

21. floridadrift

floridadrift Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2014 Florida

22. schuey1010

schuey1010 Initiate (75) Jun 18, 2009 California

If a corona light is the WORST beer anyone has had, you guys haven't been drinking beer long enough

23. McStagger

McStagger Crusader (777) Jun 2, 2005 California

24. andreizm

andreizm Initiate (143) Sep 17, 2008 Washington
    Trader

Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Ale
    Cellarmaker Triple Berry Berliner - smelled like urinal cake, probably tasted like one too

25. Jelavelle

Jelavelle Initiate (69) Jun 29, 2014 Delaware
    Trader

Dogfish had come out with a cherry stout called Black and Red, don't know why I wanted to try it when I drained the Black and Blue I had.

26. Misflt

Misflt Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2015 North Carolina

Pork Soda!!! Because as we all know.... Primus Sucks! :grinning:

Honestly, Iron City Ale. Detest this stuff!

27. HectorB

HectorB Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2013 New York

New Braunfels Wasser Weiss. Had this on tap last summer The Friendly Place in San Antonio. Slight tartness that was quickly overwhelmed by a strong chemical off-taste. Smelled like highly chlorinated powdered lemonade. Literally made me ill.

At the time I tried this, there were no reviews for it on BA. Now there are a few recent reviews of a bottled version that say it's ok (although one review does note a detergent off taste). Maybe they've straightened it out, but the brew I had on tap was foul. Curious to hear if any BAs from Texas have tried it, and what they thought.

28. kwakwhore

kwakwhore Zealot (566) Nov 1, 2004 North Carolina

Magic Hat no. 9 on tap at a restaurant. Over the top artificial fruit essence obscured whatever redeeming qualities may have been present in that beer. Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic and Cherry Wheat are contenders as well.

Boverhof3 likes this.
  29. Hoppsbabo

Hoppsbabo Champion (890) Jan 29, 2012 England
    Trader

Amber Ale by Magpie, South Korea.

30. doowhat

doowhat Disciple (360) Feb 22, 2009 Arkansas

Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat is still the only beer I just couldn't finish...the robetussin cough syrup flavor brought back wonderful childhood memories of being sick.

31. SaisonRichBiere

SaisonRichBiere Savant (969) Mar 23, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

Hopfenstark Boson De Higgs. A blend of Berlinner Weisse, Rauchbier, and Saison. Tasted like straight smoky vomit. Took one sip, drainpoured the rest.

32. captaincoffee

captaincoffee Poo-Bah (1,791) Jul 10, 2011 Virginia
    Society

Bavaria 8.6 Gold. A delightful urine and saccharin blend.

33. alk3kenny

alk3kenny Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2004 Georgia

The maple bacon ale from Rogue was pretty terrible and the honey bourbon shock top that someone handed me at a cookout... that person was supposed to be my friend lol

kwakwhore and IPAandGreenChile like this.
  34. Doctor_Bogenbroom

Doctor_Bogenbroom Aspirant (269) Nov 2, 2014 Pennsylvania

I had a Shiner Bock that was so flat and tasteless, I almost gave up. But I forced myself to finish it.

35. JuicesFlowing

JuicesFlowing Poo-Bah (2,233) Jul 5, 2009 Kansas

Icehouse Edge isn't much better. I drank it just so I could notch the malt liquor style on my stats. God-awful.

36. kingofhop

kingofhop Initiate (0) May 9, 2010 Oklahoma

I've never seen Edge around here, just regular Icehouse. Might have to seek it out, when I'm in one of my masochist phases.

JuicesFlowing likes this.
  37. choicegrinds

choicegrinds Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2014 New York

Magic hat#9 ew

TEKNISHE likes this.
  38. lester619

lester619 Devotee (470) Apr 17, 2009 Wisconsin

Yeah, I have to agree on Minhas. They really do make some crap. The Swiss amber is drinkable but that is about it. Lot's to be proud of in Wisco, but they don't make the list.

39. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (1,881) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Molsons Brador. Its been awhile since I gagged on it. We used to have a friend that would "smuggle" the "real" stuff over from Canada. I think it was slightly higher in alcohol. Very similar to. Colt 45 but sweeter. A real headache maker.

TongoRad likes this.
  40. J-Bk

J-Bk Initiate (67) Jul 26, 2014 New York

Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic. Had it years ago and I can still remember how horrible and "un-lambic" it was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.