Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Wrong posts any reason to switch?

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by Canfield30, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Canfield30

So i have a 5 gal. Firestone keg. On the gas in side is a liquid post. I have bought 3 different gas posts and none will fit the threads. Any reason not to use a liquid out disconnect on the gas side?

2. VikeMan

Beer Trader

If you do, you may not be able to remove it without breaking it. They are not interchangeable.

Are you sure you have the correct posts on the correct sides of the keg? The gas (or 'in') post should be marked with 'notches' in the base.

Edit: Sorry, just reread more carefully...so you have a liquid post on the gas side. Yes, then of course you'd need to use a liquid disconnect on it. They are functionally (though not physically) the same.

3. Canfield30

Thanks again vikeman. I couldn't think of any reason it wouldn't work. Just wasn't sure about leaking.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe