Great Britain Wyoming Beer in The UK?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Thomas_Foulser, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas_Foulser

Thomas_Foulser Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2013

Are there any Wyoming beers in general distribution in The UK?

2. Aye

Aye Aspirant (239) Jul 21, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

From the list of Wyoming breweries on BA I can't say I've seen a single beer from them in any of the bottle shops or bars I frequent. But that's only where I am up North. A London based BA may have a better chance.

3. deeblo

deeblo Initiate (55) Dec 17, 2011 Antarctica
    Beer Trader

Never seen anything from Wyoming in London.

4. EmperorBevis

EmperorBevis Poo-Bah (2,611) Sep 25, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

Likewise, reporting back from Manchester/North West (Aye I believe being North East) I haven't seen anything.
    I'd certainly give it a go Wyoming being pretty much the geographical centre of the United States.

Also similar to Aye looking through the Ba Wind River looks interesting and Suds Brothers is a fantastic name
    with Black tooth & Bitter Creek it does seem that there are plenty of great names and beer variety with a fair few brewpubs with eateries it does look on paper like a place worth a visit

Just a shame that Altrincham is the furthest West I can afford to get to at the moment :(

5. jazzyjeff13

jazzyjeff13 Poo-Bah (2,545) Nov 6, 2010 United Kingdom (England)

Can't say I've seen any Wyoming brews over here. However, looking at the total number of reviews for Wyoming beers in the brewery listings, I'd aver that few Americans have seen Wyoming beers either ;)

6. steelheadrailway

steelheadrailway Initiate (20) Dec 29, 2009 United Kingdom (England)

Hi never seen ant Wyoming Beers in the UK, But have tried a few in Wyoming over the last couple of years. The outstanding brewery being the Freedoms Edge of Cheyenne. Great little brewry with a better than normal range

7. Zimbo

Zimbo Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2010 United Kingdom (Scotland)

Pretty sure I saw one at a tasting in September. Snake River or something. Unfortunately it was 'distributed' through an international RB trade.

8. rgordon

rgordon Defender (624) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

Exactly. We have broad national distribution here in North Carolina, but 0 Wyoming options. Also, one poster here put Wyoming as geographically central USA- it is truly way west of the Mississippi, a beautiful and sparsely populated high desert and mountain earthscape. Seek out Noda's Hop Drop n' Roll from Charlotte, N.C. Exciting new beer. Cheers ya'll!

9. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (4,630) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Beer Trader

As Victor Meldrew would say...."I don't believe it!" A post about Wyoming on the UK board..

EmperorBevis likes this.
  10. BlackHaddock

BlackHaddock Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2006 United Kingdom (England)

Shropshire is a 'Wyoming' beer desert: you could insert almost any other states name to that statement.

<*))))))><

Bitterbill and EmperorBevis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

No fake news here. Get real beer content delivered to your doorstep every month.

Subscribe