Yankee Spirits - Sturbridge MA

Discussion in 'New England' started by bwparker1, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwparker1

bwparker1 Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2008 Connecticut

Heading up to Boston tomorrow from CT and was thinking of stopping in to Yankee to try and grab some Mass stuff that you can't get in CT. I was wondering what I might find there? I think I've read Nightshift cans may be there. Any other MA cans that are unique, do hey have Wormtown? Thanks in advance.

robNSB likes this.
  2. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Pundit (783) Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

Definitely has Night Shift, I think also Wormtown. Not sure they had a ton of other MA stuff that isn't in CT but they have a huge selection overall.

3. Mikecap

Mikecap Pooh-Bah (2,062) May 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Last few times I've been there they've definitely had 6 packs of be hoppy and/or bottle rocket. Also night shift cans typically quite fresh and some bottles as well.

Don't know exactly what you get in CT, but that Yankee is enormous and has one of the best selections I've seen in MA.

4. RichD

RichD Pooh-Bah (2,182) Mar 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Trader

You'll definitely find some good stuff there. As others have said Night Shift should be available and I just went in to the Attleboro location today and they had plenty of Wormtown stuff. This bodes well for you because Sturbridge usually has more. They also usually have some stuff in bombers/750s that you really can't find in Mass.

5. lic217

lic217 Pooh-Bah (2,066) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Anderson Valley Gose, Night Shift, Wormtown, Tank 7, Logsdon, Mystic. Great place for us CT people

6. paddyfrankie

paddyfrankie Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2015 New York

If they don't have Nightshift in the cooler ask one of the beer guys. I have found that they usually have more in the back.

7. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

I've only ever seen it warm on the shelf there. Is there a normal cooler spot for it as well? I've never seen it in the coolers.

In addition to the other stuff mentioned last time I was in they had some 14th Star (maple stout and amber).

8. Raxwell

Raxwell Initiate (0) May 15, 2015 New Hampshire

You should definitely hit either trillium location

9. paddyfrankie

I have seen it in the small, songle fridge in the back.

Also if you are going to bother stopping there, you may as well hit Tree House, which is about 10 minutes away.

10. RichD

Pooh-Bah Trader

Unfortunately for the OP, Tree House isn't open on Tuesdays.

11. paddyfrankie

Missed that ot was a Tuesday.

12. bwparker1

bwparker1 Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2008 Connecticut

Actually hitting Trillium in Fort Point but it looks like you cannot even get a pint there, just purchase there 22 oz. bottles and growler fills only?

Thanks for the help on Yankee. Sounds very worthy of a stop by.

13. RichD

Pooh-Bah Trader

You can't get pints of Trillium beer at either brewery. They do samples at the Canton location, but that's about it.

Also, they apparently take a while to fill growlers so if you're not in a hurry then growlers would work, but bottles are quicker to buy.

14. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I'd have to echo that statements above. Great selection and they don't do hold cards like Julios so occasionally you can find some gems on the back wall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.