Zombie Dust distribution expanding?

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by WolfKeeper, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper Jun 17, 2007 Illinois

Antioch Fine Wines had it for about an hour+ this evening.
  2. nickapalooza86

nickapalooza86 Feb 23, 2010 Wisconsin

Beers will do that... as more and more beers of equal quality are introduced to the market and available every day.... The "rare" beers will have to adapt.
  3. chronie

chronie Aug 1, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

What lol?

Zombie Dust might be (should be) the first beer to benefit from their improved production line. Plus, I'm sure Antioch is one of their bigger accounts. It would be interesting if Vav gets it soon as well. Guess we'll have to see, its still not at the brewery for more than a day!
  4. Boilerfood

Boilerfood Jun 5, 2012 Indiana

Distribution expanding? Absolutely not. Floyd's has only said this everytime someone asks. Is there more product being released to the market now that they augmented their production capabilities? Ya, that was the whole point of investing that much money to do it.
  5. Vav

Vav Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

This is true. I dont know if Floyds or Glunz decided to open up Zombie Dust to the entire market or not, but either way, gone are the days of the 30 or so guaranteed accounts getting a good bit of ZD. Now it'll be like everything else: One case per account every few weeks.
    CityofBals and chronie like this.
  6. Jimbobebop

Jimbobebop Jun 12, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Glunz after the New Year will no longer distributing Three Floyd’s. Living in Chicago and seeing the so called “allocation” welcome it. Hope CBS/Windy City/ whoever owns them now show love to the Craft Beer stores.
  7. Vav

Grohnke likes this.
  8. stephenieman

stephenieman Oct 14, 2011 Illinois

I read this statement three times and still have abso-fucking-lutely NO idea what you're tying to convey.
    ryhayes, BUNZILLA, JimGlonke and 2 others like this.
  9. SerialTicker

SerialTicker Jun 18, 2012 Michigan

Glad I'm not the only one. Thought I was having a fucking stroke.
  10. Grohnke

Grohnke Sep 15, 2009 Illinois

im gonna take a stab at this: he states the obvious. Then, and where it gets trickys, i think he is saying as a resident of chicago, he believes the current distro of fff through Glunz is a joke, and that he welcomes the change. then, in mere wishful thinking, he is hoping that the new distro of fff would enable more product to, presumably, stores that are close to him.
    aasher, danimalarkey and JakeT469 like this.
  11. Grohnke

Grohnke Sep 15, 2009 Illinois

no no, you didn't have the stoke. he obviously had the stroke whilst writing that
    JulianC, Boilerfood and stephenieman like this.
  12. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Mar 3, 2008 Illinois

In the meantime, maybe he'll get lucky and find some bottles of ZD at West Lakeview on Zwanze Day.
  13. maxcoinage

maxcoinage Apr 6, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Yeah, I think this is the first time I've heard of ZD being distributed in Lake County. My mother in law works at a small cafe in Lake Bluff (http://wisma.us) and they also got some ZD.
  14. Stevedore

Stevedore Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Or it could be that someone picked up some Dust in Munster and bought it back to sell at the store?
    nben60 likes this.
  15. chronie

chronie Aug 1, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Selling Floyds beer in IL without a distributor, that's illegal. Or at least I thought it was.
    aasher and nben60 like this.
  16. Vav

It is. And it does happen. However more likely than not, that case probably came from the distributor. See my post above about how it's now fully open.
    chronie likes this.
  17. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

Does this mean you will take the same approach to ZD allocations as you did with, say, Black Note allocations?
  18. jivex5k

jivex5k Apr 13, 2011 Florida

I just hope I can grab some more when I'm visiting OH for xmas this year.
  19. sahd-1

sahd-1 Jul 2, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

So after hunting for ZD for months I finally scored a 6 pack a couple weeks ago (I know, yay me). In talking with the guy about how Glunz won't be distributing 3F anymore he went on to say that Glunz was scrapping all of their beer portfolio and concentrating on wine. Anybody else heard this?
  20. Vav

Heh, no, but it does mean i'll probably be selling it by the bottle from now on though.
    aasher and MarcatGSB like this.
  21. BeerGreg

BeerGreg May 17, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Cardinal Liquors in Palatine has Zombie Dust. It's not on the shelves; you have to ask them to get it from the back. I passed. They're charging $4/bottle and no break if you buy a six pack. $24 for a sixer is ridiculous.
  22. Boilerfood

Boilerfood Jun 5, 2012 Indiana

And the odds that they have any left after this weekend are still slim to none.
  23. BeerGreg

Beer Trader

They've had it for a week today. I didn't ask how much they had left, though. I really like ZD, but I wouldn't pay anything close $24 for a sixer. I will wait until I have a free evening to drive down to the brewpub.
  24. JulianC

JulianC Mar 9, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

What's the story with that place anyway? Same people working there from when it was Dobby's? Or a total takeover...? I never liked Dobby's anyway, sounds like I'm sure as shit not going to like the new ownership @ $24 ZD.
  25. BeerGreg

Beer Trader

Same people working there as before the name change.
  26. BeerGreg

Beer Trader

Texted my OH buddy last night, because I know they get ZD near him occasionally. It's $12 for a sixer out there. I had to laugh.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!