Zwanze Day at Crooked Stave

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by tacosandbeer, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Maven (1,426) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Trader

Anyone have details? What's being poured? How are they handling this? Tickets? No info on CS's site.

2. chicano4craft

chicano4craft Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2009 Colorado

Nothing to see here, move along...:slight_smile: Just kidding...I'll be sharing plenty of good bottles regardless of when the doors open!

woodchopper and coreymcafee like this.
  3. Doodler

Doodler Zealot (668) Oct 17, 2009 Colorado
    Trader

Count me in. Chad - any news? :sunglasses:

4. MileHighShooter

MileHighShooter Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2010 Colorado

Tickets. Reserve members get first option to buy 29th & 30th, public sale is on Dec 1, first come first serve.

LotsofLupulin likes this.
  5. scray24

scray24 Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2008 Colorado

Fact or hope?

6. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Maven (1,426) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Trader

Seriously?

7. LotsofLupulin

LotsofLupulin Initiate (0) May 5, 2012 Colorado

Where did you find this out?

8. MileHighShooter

That is from a CS employee

9. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Grand Pooh-Bah (3,224) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

That would be unfortunate if true and seems a little out of touch with the spirit of Zwanze day.

10. MileHighShooter

I'll ask the man tomorrow when I'm down there, that info came from someone at CS, but not from Chad. Last I asked about it they had NO idea how to handle this, they're expecting an absolute poop-storm no matter how it goes down. Look at how regular shipments get eaten up within hours/minutes all over the metro area. Not promoting OR defending...just not sure how I'd think to go about it myself either

11. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Grand Pooh-Bah (3,224) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I can see why they would offer it to their club members first but its still a pretty tacky thing to do. Looks like I'll just have to be a little more aggressive cutting the line, CCW FTW! :sunglasses:

12. narayan

narayan Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2007 Georgia

13. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

With the spirit of the day I can't believe they would sell half the tickets (at a minimum) to the reserve members first. Figure 160 pours for the keg and 160 members in the reserve with say maybe half out of state. That would mean half the leg is already gone before anyone standing in line. This shouldn't be a "special event" that the reserve members get first dibs at if Chad wants to keep what the spirit of the day is suppose to be about.

Prospero likes this.
  14. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Initiate (0) Aug 16, 2010 Nevada

I'm a cellar reserve member and I would only like the idea if we got first dibs if there was another keg at another location in Denver.

In addition these types of events are bound to piss people off one way or another.

15. skycracksopen

skycracksopen Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 Colorado

Are these ticket sales only at Crooked Stave, or online? If only at CS, that would suck for anybody wanting to drive in from more than half an hour away.

Do they do anything to make sure that people only get one pour, like stamp their hand or something?

16. Prospero

Prospero Pooh-Bah (2,606) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

What it should be: Tickets, handed out to those in line at a random time before the designated pour time, then a ticket for each person thereafter until they're out, one ticket per person. Completely unbiased and fair.

There should be no pre-sale or such because it encourages muling for bottles (presuming some sort of bottles show up?) and buying up lots of tickets for friends limiting access to those that are willing to wait in line.

All IMHO. Please don't sell out CS.

Here's what Kentucky is doing:
    http://www.facebook.com/events/362518667166580/permalink/362518673833246/

17. skycracksopen

skycracksopen Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 Colorado

I think the ideal situation would be selling online one "ticket" maximum to each person, which will be Will-call only. Non-transferable. You buy the ticket yourself online, your name becomes attached to that ticket, and you're guaranteed a pour.

Either that or make it a lottery type system BEFORE Dec 1st, so people out of town don't have to spend hours driving to potentially get nothing.

I mean, you could still drink all the other beers there I suppose, but it's almost a bit of a tease to be so close to trying Zwanze and then get none.

18. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Grand Pooh-Bah (4,216) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I say they just pour all of it in a long trough and we just do a massive face plant.

Penguin3200, hopfacebrew and scray24 like this.
  19. scray24

scray24 Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2008 Colorado

This.

20. joshclauss

joshclauss Zealot (689) Oct 31, 2010 Colorado

I believe this is called "The Toronado."

Penguin3200 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.