Zythros hops?

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by QUARRYRIDGE, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUARRYRIDGE

QUARRYRIDGE Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2012

anyone made a pale with these hops or any other beers with them

2. QUARRYRIDGE

3. MutchBrew

MutchBrew Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2012 Washington

Nope, but I am interested in what kind of hops they are.... Aromatic? Bittering?

4. EOTLBrewer

EOTLBrewer Initiate (196) Dec 18, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I've used them in a Rye IPA and it was amazing! They are similar to Simcoe

5. Spider889

Spider889 Savant (977) Mar 24, 2010 Ohio
    Industry Beer Trader

Used in a Red IPA earlier this year and they were great. Nice and fruity/floral.

Definitely a flavor/aroma hop.

6. EOTLBrewer

EOTLBrewer Initiate (196) Dec 18, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Shoot me your email if you want the recipe, it was for sure one of the best I've brewed!

7. mnstorm99

mnstorm99 Initiate (0) May 11, 2007 Minnesota

Zythos is a blend of hops which is created for IPA's and such as far as I know. It works very well for an APA in my opinion, and is my preferred hop blend out of the three I know of.

Just to clear the air, Zythos is not a single hop variety.

8. QUARRYRIDGE

The rye ipa sounds great would love to brew it, (brian.leighton78@gmail.com)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.