Red Racer Centennial ESB | Central City Brewers + Distillers

Awaiting More Ratings

Central City Brewers + Distillers
British Columbia, Canada
centralcitybrewing.com

Style: Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB)

Added by liamt07 on 10-31-2011

4/5  rDev 0%

3.45/5  rDev 0%

On cask at Volo's Cask Days 2011, listed at 50 IBUs.

Poured a reddish orange, with some offwhite bubbles; moderate retention. Nose has some grapefruit and other resinous hop notes. Some pine and a intensely bready malt character. Taste is bready and lightly buttery, orange, grapefruits and pine in terms of hop flavours but something isn't quite to my liking here and I can't quite identify it. Long bitter finish, with a thinner than medium mouthfeel. Modest drinkability. I'm not a huge fan of the hop profile here and it's presentation alongside these malts; nonetheless I'm not entirely surprised given my unfavorable opinion on their base ESB.

Red Racer Centennial ESB from Central City Brewers + Distillers