McKenna's Reprise Porter | The Marble Arch

marblebeers.com

Style: English Porter

Added by woosterbill on 06-21-2011

4.53/5  rDev 0%

On-cask at the Euston Tap; served in a half-pint.

A: Clear ruby-black body under a finger of soft, creamy tan foam. Strong retention, nice light lace. Very attractive.

S: MIld but clear roasted malt - chocolate, coffee, and a bit of vanilla. Good balance of sweet + roasty.

T: Big, lush chocolate jumps out, followed by coconut, vanilla, caramel, resinous hops, and an enormously long, bitter, coffee-drenched finish. Hugely flavorful, hugely enjoyable, and only 4.5%? Wow.

M: Medium body with a solid dose of smooth carbonation.

O: What a terrific beer - possibly the best out of scores that I tried on cask over my two weeks in London. I stopped in for a swift half after spending a day in the British Library, on my way to play tennis in Regent's Square Park. The finish of this beer was still with me 20 minutes and a mile of walking later, and every moment that I savored the aftertaste was a moment of bliss. This was a truly memorable brew.

Cheers!