De Molen KersBier Mummia Barrel | Brouwerij De Molen

brouwerijdemolen.nl

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by kojevergas on 12-26-2011

2.43/5  rDev 0%

Served on-draught into a generic pilsener glass at Brasserie 4:20 in Rome, Italy. Reviewed from notes. Serving volume was 35cl. Cost was 5 euro.

A: Pours a two finger head of soft pink cream, great thickness, and good retention. Colour is a hazy red. I'm intrigued by the lively unconventional colours.

Sm: Souring hops, bacteria, soy (!?), and raspberry fruit ester hops. A strong aroma.

T: Souring hops and bacteria are present, plus an off note of raspberry scent bathroom cleansing agent - which may be slight ammonia. The true raspberry is buried, but present. The finish is downright wretched. It's built pretty badly. Imbalanced. I wouldn't call it simple, but complexity alone does not a good beer make.

Mf: Smooth and wet. Complements the style and to some degree the better flavours.

Dr: The prices are extortionist for a mediocre beer (though price doesn't affect my ratings). This is another De Molen screw-up. Leave this one be lads - even if you love the style. It doesn't surprise me that hardly anyone talks about this beer, and I didn't even see it at De Molen when I was there. I had to go to Rome to find it.

De Molen KersBier Mummia Barrel from Brouwerij De Molen