Ølfabrikken Sort Jul | Ølfabrikken

harboes-bryggeri.dk

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-14-2008

1.38/5  rDev 0%

Shared by Alex at a monthly BA gathering. Can't wait till they invent that time machine so I can undo drinking this.

A - Supposed to be a saison, but the dark appearance of this bear was a little bit of a surprise. Off-white head that receded to a cap.

S - This is one of the foulest smelling concoctions that I have ever sniffed. Bizzare rotted chemicals and apple peels (or is it rotten apple cores?). Is that rubber or plastic in the background? Yuck. I am scared to death to put this in my mouth.

T - One of the worst beers ever. The spice burns. Anise is not helping here, burnt rubber, rotting apples, truly disgusting.

M - It's hard to notice the mouthfeel because you have to get past the taste, but this is medium bodied and medium carbonation.

D - Have fun trying to drink this disgusting mess, I couldn't get through much of it.

1.95/5  rDev 0%

Thanks to bosse for giving this to me last time I was in Stockholm. Served in a taster pint glass. Bottled 3/8/2007, best before 1/1/2012.

A - Pours with a voluminous tan foam that settles to a thick cap, leaving behind spotty lace. Transparent medium brown body. This is one dark "Saison".

S - Anise, tart apple skins, medicinal spruce and juniper, and a faint note of inner tubes. The malt character is largely obscured by the adjuncts.

T - Extreme anise bitterness, mixed with some char and dark chocolate bitterness. A bit of sugary malt emerges when it warms, but it doesn't come close to saving this beer.

M - Medium carbonation, medium body, and a sticky tooth-coating finish. Alcohol is well-hidden.

D - Yikes. I couldn't get this one out of my glass fast enough.

Ølfabrikken Sort Jul from Ølfabrikken