Green Man Brewgrass Bitter | Green Man Brewery

Green Man Brewery
North Carolina, United States
greenmanbrewery.com

Style: English Bitter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by mikesgroove on 09-21-2010

3.31/5  rDev 0%

When I saw this one I just had to jump right in at it. I knew this one was going to be a trip and just had to get my hands on it. Pours out a very ruddy color, dark brown with a good bit of haze built into it. A huge head of light tan caps this monster and it has incredible staying power, I was really impressed with the look here.

Aroma took me off guard as it was loaded with what seemed to be rye and very heavy on the malts. Slight piney nose tries to peek through but never really gets itself going as the malts are so dominant. The flavor was all over the place. Light bitterness up front that quickly gets slammed by malted notes, lots of bready touches and a really big hit of a spicy rye touch. Very interesting. But it is just too out there to really pull itself together. Lots of carbonation makes the body of this one come off very, very well, but alas the flavor was enough of a side step for me that I really was done after a glass.

Overall I am not really sure what went wrong here, but it just seems like it cannot find itself.

Green Man Brewgrass Bitter from Green Man Brewery