Founders Hop Sun | Founders Brewing Company

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-21-2005

3.5

3.5/5  rDev 0%

So Founder's discontinued their Weizenbier but I suspect they might have had a little left over after the final bottling and decided to be creative. They decided to mix their Centennial with their Weizenbier and created the Hopsun. All of this is purely speculation but the Hopsun tasted like a 50/50 mix of the two. Starts out with a citric flavor, mostly from the hops and then I get a strong wheaty base flavor. The top is middling and the finish comes through with a sharp piney hoppy bitterness. Decent beer, if I liked wheat beers more I would probably rate it higher, but overall it just didn't do it for me.

Founders Hop Sun from Founders Brewing Company