Founders Lazy Daze | Founders Brewing Company

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Founders Brewing Company
foundersbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Availability: Summer

Brewed with lemongrass, ginger, and other spices.

Added by granger10 on 06-15-2006

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 4
4.18/5  rDev +25.1%

I went in to Founder's to stock up for my brother's open house. My dad got a case of their usual good stuff, but I saw that something new was on tap. I asked the waitress what it was like and she gave me a sample of it (I love this kind of service at a bar ^.^ ). I liked what I tasted so I got a growler of it. I had a pint of it prior to this one so that I could get a feel for it. I am having it in an imperial pint glass after being out of the fridge for about 5 minutes. appearence is a light-straw color, very clear with a bone white head. The head forms pretty well in the beginning. and reduces to a thin layer of film on the top with lacing around the edge of the glass. The aroma is very citrsuy and mild, not a whole lot of aroma. Very citrusy flavory with a slightly bitter aftertaste, but in a good way. It's not balanced the way other Founder's are, but then again I think this is their first batch of it, and I see improvement coming in the future. Very light in the mouth. Clean and refreshing. Drinkability is a high. I'm not sure I would buy it again, just because I have to drive all the way downtown to get it and it's not good enough to make buy it instead of my favorites, but it is still a very enjoyable brew. I do hope they bottle this one for summers to come, because it is so damn refreshing. This is definitely a must-try if you get the chance. This is like no other Founder's beer I have had, and I think that with some tweaks to the recipe this cane easily one-up Bell's Oberon as Michigan's best summer beer. Next time you are at Founder's, atleast give it a try.

3.47/5  rDev +3.9%

This pours a very light straw yellow, (almost the color of a light macro) with a white head. Smells like a fragrant rose, almost like a summer perfume. After asking the waitress we found out it has lime leaves, lemon grass, and coriander. The taste is very close to what a perfume smells like. It is interesting and has you wanting another sip. This is very light and a good summer offering. The mouthfeel was good, but the flavors were very overpowering, leaving this beer a little imbalanced. This beer is good for a hot sumer day, and is very different which was a nice change of pace. I would recommend it to expand your taste in beer, and see what differences their can be in a beer. Cheers to founders for taking a chance.

2.63/5  rDev -21.3%

This new summertime Founder's beer comes with a very light golden appearance and a smallish fizzy white head. Good amount of bubbles shows decent carbonation but head doesn't really maintain. Smells really quite grassy and herbal with moderate spicy wheat notes. Not really too enjoyable to me. Taste follows suit. Very weak in body and quite fizzy. Almost no malt, maybe a little corn taset. Very dry yet the hoppiness isn't too interesting either. A bit of spice in the aftertaste cleans the palate effectively. Reminds me of Sierra Nevada Summerfest which I also did not care for. I wasn't in the best mood when I tried this so I'm going to try it again and see if my mind changes. But for now, this was a bit disappointing.

Founders Lazy Daze from Founders Brewing Company