Founders Scotch Ale | Founders Brewing Company

Founders Brewing Company
foundersbrewing.com

Style: Scotch Ale / Wee Heavy

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by beernut7 on 08-12-2002

4.03/5  rDev +2.5%

3.44/5  rDev -12.5%

3.75/5  rDev -4.6%

4.64/5  rDev +18.1%

3.7/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Founders Dirty Bastard: I'm assuming this is Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale. On tap. I’ve very much liked this beer, and I do not like scotch ales. Great looking beer, deep garnet color, almost black. No head. Extremely well balanced beer, with lots of malts, but more than a little hops to balance it. Long lasting raisin sweetness. I really enjoyed it.

4.05/5  rDev +3.1%

I am not a big fan of Scotch ales due to the tendency of the style to be sickeningly sweet. This brew is quite malty, but the heavy body and balanced hop profile let me reconsider my previous opinions.

Founders Scotch Ale from Founders Brewing Company