Founders Galaxy Oat IPA | Founders Brewing Company

Style: American IPA

Added by TCgoalie on 09-22-2011

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 6
4.2/5  rDev -0.2%

Galaxy Oat is served up a fairly deep amber. The pour does not have a very large head, but the small amount has nice retention and good lacing.

The aroma is fairy subtle for an IPA, but has some nice caramel sweetness as well as citrusy hops and sweet, fruity aromas. The blend of orange, grapefruit, blossoms and zesty fruitiness is quite appetizing.

The flavor is very interesting. Citrusy and bright with a nice fruity floral flair to it. The malt backbone is pretty standard, but ample and well proportioned. Supposedly galaxy hops have a passion fruit like flavor to them. I am not sure if I get passion fruit exactly, but I definitely enjoy the overall fruity character that this beer has.

Mouthfeel is on the upper side of medium. I would not call it smooth, but it is not as invigorating as I would expect from a beer this hoppy. It has a nice semi-dry finish that leaves pleasant hop flavors after swallowing.

Overall I was very impressed with this brew. It hit all the right checks for a beer of this type and had a little extra kick to it. Founders tends to do a great job with hoppy brews like this, and Galaxy Oat is no exception.

4.15/5  rDev -1.4%

The darkness of the brewpub hinders my ability to see the color of this beer however, the lacing is very distinct showing stair steps of lacing as I sip.

The aroma reminds me of smelling a blooming flower with some toasted biscuit thrown in. Fruit smells of orange and grapefruit as well.

My tongue is greeted with a floral bouquet including lemon zest, orange and a pine sap bitterness in the end.

I'm a litte disappointed with the feel. I'm struggling to find the oat presence except for in the nose.

This is a very tasty IPA. I would expect nothing less from Founders. I think it is lacking some malt presence but don't let that stop you from tasting this. This remonds me quite a bit of Half Acre's Daisy Cutter.

Founders Galaxy Oat IPA from Founders Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.