Founders CSX Cashew Brown Ale | Founders Brewing Company

4.25/5  rDev +11%

4.5/5  rDev +17.5%

4.25/5  rDev +11%

3.71/5  rDev -3.1%

From tap to pilsner glass at Brick Store. I wish I could have stayed for their other beers that had on draft today. Man it was glorious.

Appearance: A pale orange amber with a great creamy white head ½ in. Great retention.
Smell: I bitter sour earth smell. The cashew was dominant although is smelled kind of like a earthy Belgian sour. It may have been due to the keg.
Taste: Wow, it’s very intriguing. The root of the taste is a sour bitterness that is quite smooth. The nuttiness comes through quite well with a cashew almond mix. The bready malt and small yeast taste finish. Great taste and wows the taste buds. Looking past the sour, there is a lot going on there.
Mouthfeel: A light beer nevertheless. Great carbonation.
Drinkability: I didn’t know what to expect with this beer seeing how I’ve never really heard of it, but it was very good, probably on the to 4-5 of founders beers I have had.

Founders CSX Cashew Brown Ale from Founders Brewing Company