Kitchen Sink | The Mash Tun

Awaiting More Ratings

The Mash Tun
Oregon, United States

Style: Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB)

Added by RedDiamond on 06-18-2006

3.49/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

3.85/5  rDev 0%

The Mash Tun menu refers to this as “amber-pale.” Since I need a more recognized category, I’m following my palate’s lead, which tells me it’s an ESB. It’s actually a very agreeable ale with an English temperament and a fine frothy head. It is ruddy bronze and tastes a bit like Mr. Lipton’s tea. Its grassy bitterness closes with a bit of a tang, but the obvious freshness with its feathery mouthfeel and gripping film of lace really carries it. But I can’t figure why they named it for a household plumbing fixture.

Kitchen Sink from The Mash Tun