Zulu American Pale Ale | SchillingBridge Winery & Microbrewery

Awaiting 10 Reviews

SchillingBridge Winery & Microbrewery
Nebraska, United States
schillingbridgewinery.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Our APA is light amber in color and full-bodied. Generous quantities of premium hops release a delightful fragrant bouquet that combines nicely with its spicy flavor!

Added by bditty187 on 05-09-2006

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
3.57/5  rDev n/a

Brewed at Upstream-Legacy (until ShillingBridge installs their equipment)

Basically clear, golden in hue with a hay-yellow influence; white foam, it was poured with a half finger tall head. The bubbles quickly faded to a thin collar; decent head retention. Sadly, there was no subsequent lacing. Overall, the appearance is quite average.

Moderate potency, the nose offers a smattering of grainy-caramel-husky malt with hints of fruit and some flowery hops. The nose is fairly clean but for the style the bouquet fits well. It is simple but inviting.

The palate is clean but flavorful enough to keep my attention. It is mostly grainy-husky malt with a trace of caramel and crackers. Flowery, slightly fruity hops by the finish. While there isn’t much going on this is still a pleasant beer. It is without flaw, solely based on the taste I am not surprised this is brewed at Upstream. I assume Upstream’s house yeast is used to brew this ShillingBridge beer, which isn’t a bad thing. Decent.

Medium/medium-light in body, moderately low carbonation, the mouthfeel is relaxing but not sluggish. I’d say the mouthfeel works well enough for this beer.

Simply put, I could drink a few of these in a setting. I found it simple but likeable. Well done. I sampled my pint at the tasting room at the winery/brewery in Pawnee City, NE. I’m not going to say it is worth driving from Omaha or Lincoln to try this beer but I have a good feeling that ShillingBridge will succeed in Nebraska.

Zulu American Pale Ale from SchillingBridge Winery & Microbrewery