Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Stille Nacht Clone 2007 | Mikkeller ApS

Added by Mora2000 on 05-11-2012

3.5/5  rDev 0%

2.83/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

(This beer is now retired).

Thanks to bu11zeye for sharing this at his 10,000th rating tasting.

Poured from a 500ml bottle. The beer pours a brown color with a white head. The aroma has some toffee and cherry notes, as well as some sherry characteristics. The flavor is just not that great to me. I get the same toffee and sherry notes as I got in the aroma, with some oak and vanilla also added. All of that being said, there is something going on in the flavor which I am having a hard time describing but doesn't sit right with me. It adds a dirty quality and ruins the beer for me. Since no one else at the tasting seemed to get it, I assume it is not a flaw, but just something in the beer I don't like. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

Stille Nacht Clone 2007 from Mikkeller ApS