Gypsy Tears Blackberry Delight | Mikkeller ApS

Style: American Wild Ale

Added by pixieskid on 05-30-2012

4.5/5  rDev +10.3%

4.25/5  rDev +4.2%

This is the wild, barrel aged version of the Stillwater/Grassroots colab Belgian Stout: Gypsy Juice. Don't know if it was exclusive for the CBC, but that wouldn't surprise me.

Wow, this thing was all over the place and balanced at the same time. At this point it seems the new thing is, what the fuck can we throw in a barrel and pitch some funky yeast into...but hey, it works, and I enjoy it. May as well.

Blackberries, Brett, Saison yeast, those were the funky additions that were added to an already unique beer in Gypsy Juice. A hybrid of a dubbel and an imperial stout. Fruity, chocolate, roastiness, thin boddied. They amplified that thing with the berries and brett...weird stuff.

Honestly as I write this review, I barely remember what it was like, I just have my note book to go off of. If there was one thing that stood out with this one is that it somehow worked and was an incredibly unique and balanced beer. CBC, good times!

Gypsy Tears Blackberry Delight from Mikkeller ApS