Citra E.S.B. | Gaslight Brewery & Restaurant

Awaiting More Ratings

Gaslight Brewery & Restaurant
New Jersey, United States
gaslightbrewery.com

Style: Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB)

Added by BeerdedEric on 12-08-2010

4.45/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I originally had this on tap but it was so delicious I had to have my growler filled.

Off white tan head that fades somewhat quickly. The color is really interesting with a reddish copper look to it. Decent amount of bubblage.

A very strong but pleasant smell of sweet Citrus hops and pine right off the bat. It really has a great smell!

Sweet and bitter at first. The citrus hops, pine, grapes, apple and even caramel can be noticed, with each continuous sip. Awesome taste all around with each flavor flowing brilliantly.

Really smooth, lightly carbonated. It feels nice in the mouth. Leaves the lips slightly sticky.

I wish I could drink my whole growler in one sitting but that's not going to go over too well for the next day, not because of a hangover, I'm just going to be pissed I don't have any more. Really easy to drink since the body is on the light side; it does catch up after a few pint glasses, though.

Citra E.S.B. from Gaslight Brewery & Restaurant