Pale Ale | Monterey Coast Brewing

3.39/5

Monterey Coast Brewing
montereycoastbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by barleywinefiend on 02-18-2008

3.4/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

B- / WORTHY

3.05/5  rDev -10%

According to our waiter, this is the beer served as "Hog's Breath Pale Ale" at the Hog's Breath Inn in Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA. Certainly a serviceable pale ale but, at the same time, fairly pedestrian.

3.5/5  rDev +3.2%

4.25/5  rDev +25.4%

3.42/5  rDev +0.9%

I had this on tap at Monterey Coast while I was on my honeymoon.

Appearance- golden color, thin head

Smell- floral hops

Taste- floral hops

Mouthfeel- medium bodied

Drinkability- It was pretty good. I would drink this one again. I have had better ones but I think I would have it again possibly.

3.13/5  rDev -7.7%

Poured a light orange-yellow color with decent carbonation. Thin white head that disappeared quickly. The nose was of faint citrus and some hops but not much. The taste was rather average from most pales I have drank. This was the better of the beers from this brewery.

Pale Ale from Monterey Coast Brewing