Alternate Ending - Beer Camp # 64 | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
sierra-nevada.com

Style: Altbier

Added by UCLABrewN84 on 01-22-2012

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 6
Reviews by UCLABrewN84:
2.63/5  rDev -19.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Thanks to FosterJM for sharing this one at MrHirschybar's place!

Pours a clear dark brown with a tan head that settles to a film on the top of the beer. Small dots of lace slide down into the remaining beer on the drink down. Both the smell and taste are very subtle and only have malt notes. This beer has a pretty good level of carbonation with a crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is just not a very good beer.

3.53/5  rDev +8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On tap served in a pint glass

A - Slightly hazy copper with a one finger khaki head with good head retention and moderate lacing.

S - Caramel and malt with citrus and flora hop aromas

T - Follows the smell, sweet, mostly front palate, pretty malty as well.

M - Medium body, moderate carbonation.

O - It was okay, I have not had many in the style so I can't judge it well among its peers. However, I found it to be a little above average a beer with my preference and enjoyed tasting it, but won't get it again.

3.35/5  rDev +2.4%

1045th Review on BA
Growler to Snifter
½ Gallon

Thanks to my buddy Jeremy for bringing this home from Chico for me.

Shared at MrHirschybars tasting

App- Along the lines of a very dark DIPA, with a little bit of brown mixed in. Head was there and was gone in a flash. Maybe a couple dots of cling remain in the glass.

Smell- Pretty one dimensional with some thicker malts and maybe a touch of a citrus but hard to pinpoint which one. The aromatics dont remain very long either..

Taste- I will say I wasn't the biggest fan of this one. I was expecting a lot more I think. Could be a style issue, could be just the beer itself. A bit over malted with a lack of balance from something else in the mix. Again like the nose pretty one dimensional.

Mouth- A medium bodied beer with somewhat of a medium carbonation level. Pretty thick malts remain on this one.

Drink- Overall, I think my hopes were a bit dashed by this one. Maybe Alts are for me, but regardless SN made a unique beer and I was happy to try it.

3.19/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

3.75/5  rDev +14.7%

Alternate Ending - Beer Camp # 64 from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.