Peak Bagger

Gots
SCORE
Very Good
Peak BaggerPeak Bagger
Notes: We brewed this beer with our friends at Beachwood Brewing; two breweries whose love of hops is equaled by their love of mountains. This West Coast IPA spotlights Simcoe, Mosaic and Equanot in a tribute to reaching the peak and enjoying all the sights along the way. Whether you are in the flatlands or on the summit, we hope this beer reminds you of your next adventure and all the good things to come. Hops with Altitude!
Reviews: 6 | Ratings: 13 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by pkalix:
pkalix from California

3.43/5  rDev -15.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

love Raul Mondesi's reviews.... and he is dead on with the "onions" reference.... onions and cat piss in relation to simcoe is soooooo........ 2014. i thought we were past this? meh. oh well. like, what are ya gonna do? collabs usually are an inferior product. that's been obvious for years . . . .

Mar 25, 2020
RaulMondesi from California

2.58/5  rDev -36.6%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.5

Man, this one is like Brad and Jen back in the day. Like, a hottie force that cannot be stopped! Until it was. Kern and Beachwood? You’d think Raul would be feelin’ it hard! And I was when I bought it. But when I drank it? Nah. Total West Coast all over the place in look and aroma. Taste though has nasty onions in it just like Citraholic and Amalgamator - not feeling it.

I really don’t even want to go on any longer.

Pass.

Mar 21, 2020
2beerdogs from California

3.75/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

May 18, 2020
patre_tim from Thailand

4.04/5  rDev -0.7%

Golden filtered with a finger of off white head.

Smells of tropical fruit and tropical flowers.

Tastes of big and heavy, dank, wet hops, resinous and hints of tropical fruit.

Medium, sand paper like body with little carbonation.

I got this in Chico and am having it in Sacramento, June 3rd, 2020.

Jun 04, 2020
RyanK252 from California

4.12/5  rDev +1.2%

Can poured into a Mountain Rambler Brewery pint glass

A: Pours golden yellow with a frothy off white head that settles to a firm layer and laces beautifully.

S: Soft tropical and orchard fruit, a bit floral, citrus, herbal spicy pine, biscuity malt, and a touch of honey sweetness.

T: Resinous pine, citrus, grapefruit, lemon, lime, and tangerine, tropical and orchard fruit, passion fruit, apricot, peach, papaya, mango, berries, and hints of melon, herbal, a little peppery, biscuity malt, and a touch of honey sweetness.

M: Medium body, moderate carbonation.

O: The second I heard about this one I knew I had to grab some. For one, I do spend my summers adding to my list of conquered summits. Also, it's Kern River + Beachwood so you know it's gotta be good, and indeed it is. Can't wait for the trails to open up so I can enjoy this one in the wild.
(I guess I'm not all that sensitive to the onion and garlic thing like previous raters have mentioned.)

May 26, 2020
hockeypuck from Maine

4.46/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

May 08, 2020
KingStelle from California

4.46/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Apr 18, 2020
Gobzilla from California

Apr 15, 2020
sillyhed8 from California

Apr 09, 2020
Antg8989 from New Jersey

4.55/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Oooof. The prior 2 reviews have me guessing. Now I'm searching for the flaws rather than the good, which I guess is what an honest and introspective review is about. Pours a light gold. Aroma opens up your nose a little bit - think refreshing wood and mint. The citrus is definitely there. Now, in line with the previous reviewers, the onion is there, and also in the taste. Pessimists will say the taste is "muddled". Optimists will say the taste is "well blended". It is smooth on the tongue and rough around the edges in its bitterness if that makes any sense. I can see both sides. Upon first impression, this was more than enjoyable. But I can absolutely see the other side.

Apr 05, 2020
BarrelAgedG from California

May 04, 2020
bouncepass from California

4.23/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Apr 14, 2020
Thomas_Wikman from Texas

3.69/5  rDev -9.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Look: semi-clear dark golden with an inch thick white head

Aroma: citrus, floral, pine resin

Taste: Peak Bagger has a modest citrus flavor ending in a pine resin and also a little bit of an onion or garlic flavor. It reminds me of the unfiltered "enjoy by.." but it is milder.

Body/Overall:light to medium body. It is not bad, but the flavor profile is not what I like in an IPA.

May 04, 2020