Brewmaster's Premium Reserve Abbey Triple | Sprecher Brewing Company

good
Brewmaster's Premium Reserve Abbey TripleBrewmaster's Premium Reserve Abbey Triple

Sprecher Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States
sprecherbrewery.com

Style: Tripel

A Belgian Trappist triple yeast culture balanced with the finest imported pale barley, Belgian aromatic malt and oats, gives this golden ale a fruity bouquet and a light refined taste.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-26-2002

3.56/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.48/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Pours a golden color with a slight haze. My bottles was a bit under carbonated. Very small head that did not last. Minimal lacing. Aroma is slightly off putting, a bit musty. Taste overcomes the aroma and is pleasant on the palate. A bit tangerine up front, followed by a Belgian yeast funk that works well. It is not overly dry, has no fusel taste, and finishes stronger than it started.

3.77/5  rDev +6.5%

3.5/5  rDev -1.1%

3.75/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.71/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.83/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

3.69/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.57/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

4.27/5  rDev +20.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.94/5  rDev +11.3%

Been waiting to review my favorite American Triple for some time now....here she be!
Enjoyed from the 12 oz bottle in a snifter. This FINE Tripel pours a nice clear amber touched honey color with a firm head of white foam that settles to a thick ring, thin subtle pool, and nice spotty lacing. Nose of crisp apples, light grains, candy sugars, subtle banana, and herbal notes. Flavors follow the nose with candy sugars and light crisp apples on the front, banana from yeasty goodness falls on the sides, and finishes with light grains and candy sugars on the rear. Nice mouth feel, light carbonation, and near perfect for the style with subtle herbal notes on the finish. An excellent 6 pack for a great value. One of the greats in American brewing.

Cheers

4.03/5  rDev +13.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

First triple I have tried. I truly enjoyed the small pour that I received at the brewery tasting. It was surprisingly sweet which I did not expect. I like beer on the sweet (less bitter) side but this might be a little too sweet. Even for me! I purchased more so...
1). I liked it
2). I will have a clearer picture of how much I like it soon.

Now after a few more I am lowering my score. I tried new Belgium abbey triple and it is much better. I can't wait to try more.

4.5/5  rDev +27.1%

3.96/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

3.82/5  rDev +7.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

On draft: poured hazy burnt orange. Minimal scent of toffee and malt. Flavor was much better than scent. Sweet, malty, bananna and toffee flavors. Minimal head and lacing but had good carbonation and mouthfeel.

3.75/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.49/5  rDev +26.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

3.4/5  rDev -4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4.26/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

I (almost) feel as though I have been shortchanging myself, eschewing bottles for CANs & other styles for hoppy IPAs and DIPAs. My local, in-person trader, tone77, brings me great beers and I seem to give them short shrift due to my backlog. I am really working to get caught up.

I feel shortchanged by screw-top caps because it prevents me from doing a Pop! Oh well. I used a comparably gentle pour to produce two fingers of eggnog-colored head with decent retention that left nice lacing in its wake. Nose smelled like a pack of Juicyfruit gum! Wow. It was highly fruity, but it was impossible for me to discern particular fruits. Color was a Golden-Amber (SRM = > 5, < 7) with NE-quality clarity. I was going to say totally Amber until the Gelt Gang of Midas, Mammon & Croesus suddenly appeared, ready for a taste. Gold it is! Mouthfeel was medium. The taste was not just sweet, not just fruity, but it also had a honey-like favor to boot. Phew! This was a no-playin'-around, hard-hittin' mother of a beer. Now, believe it or don't, but the high ABV nature of the beer meant that the yeast had really done its work and the finish was as dry as the zephyr winds blowing across the Sahara. Double phew! I may need to lie down for a tad.

3.77/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

3.89/5  rDev +9.9%

3.46/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Brewmaster's Premium Reserve Abbey Triple from Sprecher Brewing Company