IPA - Green Bullet Hops And Passion Fruit | Stone Brewing

1 Rating

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American IPA

A tropical take on IPA with strong Green Bullet Hop taste and a favorable finish and aftertaste.

Added by BucannonXC5 on 01-23-2018

3.85/5  rDev 0%

Type: 32-oz. crowler
Glass: Beer Nerd 12-oz. tulip
From: Gregg (purchased at Stone Liberty Station)
Price: N/A
Purchased: Jan. 21, 2018 (crowled)
Consumed: Jan. 23, 2018
Reviewed as: American IPA
Misc.: N/A

Thanks, Gregg!

Got a text from Gregg two days before I reviewed this asking me if I’d had either of a pair of beers - this Stone IPA brewed with Green Bullet Hops and Passion Fruit or Hipsta Tripsta (a tripel with rose hips). I had not and I picked the IPA one, mainly because I recently had Green Bullet hops in a few beers and I really liked it. Not the biggest Stone IPA guy, giving it a 3.77 back on Oct. 15, 2011 (probably should re-review it), but like the variant here.

Poured a gold-to-light amber hazy color with 3-to-4 fingers of off-white rocky head. Lots of slow winding bubbles coming up along the sides of the glass. Excellent uneven layered lacing. Very good spotty retention. (Sight - 4.00)

Smelled floral, passion fruit, tropical fruit punch, sharp pine, dry peach, grass and iced tea. Smell grew on me. (Smell - 4.00)

Taste wasn’t quite as good as the nose, but solid. Juicy passion fruit, tropical fruit punch, peach, apricot, bitter mandarin orange rind, floral, pine, iced tea and herbal. Thought I knew Green Bullet, but I could not get any specific hop per say. Definitely was getting all that 6.9 pct. ABV. (Taste - 3.75)

Medium body. Oily texture. Average carbonation. Abrupt, semi-juicy finish. (Feel - 4.00)

This was a pretty good IPA. Glad I got to try it. Better than the regular Stone IPA in my opinion. (Overall - 3.75)

3.85 | 87 | B+