Stone IPA Dry Hopped With Centennial | Stone Brewing

Awaiting More Ratings

Stone Brewing
stonebrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Overlord on 02-26-2010

3.6

Reviews by BeerAmbassador:
3.42/5  rDev -5%

Had this beer on cask at the Toronado in San Diego. Golden yellow with a slight orange hue. Little to no head. Pine and grapefruit peel on the nose, with a bit of floral backbone as well. Typical mouthfeel for a cask beer, a bit creamy and less carbonation. Long lasting bitterness on the finish. I always try to get a cask beer if I see one only because I don't see them very often. Overall I was a little disappointed with this beer as it didn't seem to gain much by being put on cask.

4.25/5  rDev +18.1%

3.48/5  rDev -3.3%

Pours a golden yellow with maybe just a tiniest bit of orange to it. For a cask ale, surprisingly large sudsy foam head.

Smells like ... Stone IPA with maybe a bit more floral to it. Hmmm....maybe I'm mistaken in thinking centennial is supposed to add a robust grapefruit-y/citrus base to a beer?

Taste is, again, Stone IPA with maybe a bit more pine/floral residue to it. The mouthfeel is flat, the beer is a bit too warm for my tastes (sorry cask beer lovers), and I don't think the dry hopping added too much to it. If anything, I think I prefer the normal version. There's almost a soapy aftertaste to the beer that's hard to describe.

4.25/5  rDev +18.1%