Apricot Wheat Ale | Snowshoe Brewing Company

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by xlperro on 03-01-2005

Reviews by DoubleJ:
3.75/5  rDev -12.4%

If it weren't for my mix pack, I would have never had this. I'm glad I did. On to the beer:

Another cloudy blonde appearance topped with a nice head that clips along my Weizen glass, but that's after digging out more than a few spoonfuls of foam. When I poured a few ounces of it, I got a glass full of foam! After that adventure, it was ready for consumption. Pleasant aroma of apricot and other orchard fruits. The flavor is more wheat than apricot here, and one that's crisp and light, and leaves banana in the aftertaste.

Don't shy away from this beer because it's a fruit beer. It's a nice treat to have when the weather warms up, especially late morning. If you can find it, sample it.

4.2/5  rDev -1.9%

A-Pours a cloudy golden yellow with a white head that did not last long and very little lacing.
S- Smelled or wheat, slight citrus and apricot.
T/M- Taste of standard American wheat beer with an after taste of apricot. Very light carbonation. This beer is very crisp and light.
D- This I very drinkable. I could easily drink a whole growler of this, especially on a hot summer day.

4.68/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.5/5  rDev +5.1%

Had on tap at Garre Winery in Livermore CA in a pilsner glass.

The appearance of this brew is very nice and inviting- honey amber color with a short but thick head that embraces the side of the glass throughout its life. Barely able to see through this beer upon holding it to the light- lots of little stuff floating around.

The smell is of light wheat, some grass, and a pleasant, balanced apricot. Usually the apricot beers are to cloying for me but this is off to a good start.

The taste is even and well balanced with a crisp finish. The apricot is noticeable but not overpowering, and has a cirtusy-tropical fruit tang to it. Hops do not make an appearance but the citrus aspects balance it out for me.

Mouthfeel is light with a spritzy carbonation and a clean finish.

Very drinkable beer, usually I do not enjoy fruit beers but every now and then one stands out as preeminently drinkable. This is light but flavorful, moderate alcohol content, and is very well balanced. Glad to have tried it and would definitely have it again.

4.5/5  rDev +5.1%