Roggenbier | Golden City Brewery

Golden City Brewery
Colorado, United States
gcbrewery.com

Style: Roggenbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Mebuzzard on 01-28-2010

3.5/5  rDev 0%

Ok, so this is my first Roggenbier and leave it to Golden City to expand the horizon of local beer styles. Kudos!

This beer pours a light mahogany. Clean, no cloud or floaties. Poured at the Falling Rock, so I s'pose the head was restrained a bit.
I can't quite place the nose, or the taste. Both are a mix of subtle caramel, smokiness, sweet malt and very slight spicy hops. Just when I think the malt will dominate, it fades. The spicy hops give it a clean finish. Went well with my Blackened Chicken Club.
It was easy drinking. Well balanced. As for the style, I"m not sure how it fits. Good anyways.

Roggenbier from Golden City Brewery