Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Saison Deux Trois | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

3.94/5
Very Good

Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
United States
rockbottom.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by feloniousmonk on 10-06-2006

3.75/5  rDev 0%

4.13/5  rDev 0%

Had one tonight in the mug club vessel, though I heard one server say it is officially served in "the gay glass"...and here I pour into a pint glass for this assessment.

Looks nice, chalk white foam stands tall in the glass, leaving lace, very hazed, pale orange appearance...very nice.

Citrus, spice, straw, and a stick of bubblegum mark the nose. Lively and delightful. Again, I find myself liking it.

Soft on the palate, then sweet and mellow, revealing slices of lemon and whiffs of orange, with a tangy yeasty kick. Citrus feels sharp later on, with a peppery twist. Lays long, but lightly, on the tongue. Loaded with character, brimming with fine flavor.

A very agreeable saison, tasty, well-made, not lacking in any way that I can consider. A must-try treat at the pub right now. Well done!

Saison Deux Trois from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery