Murph's Monster Mash

n/a
Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3
3.88/5  rDev +2.4%

I had this one on 10/29/2008 at the Rock Bottom in Orland Park.

A= This ale poured a super clear deep orange color with a 3/4 dense white head. The head retention was excellent and at least 1/4" stayed on the beer throughout. Lots of lace down my glass.

S= Not as spicy as I would have expected, but this one did have the usual nutmeg and cinnamon aromas commonly found in a pumpkin ale. A faint sweet maltiness in there too, but not much else.

T= This was a very solid offering from brewer Iain Wilson. As this ale warmed, I found the flavors developed much more fully to produce not only that pumpkin pie in a glass taste, but underneath that there was also the flavors of a good ale. Lots of maltiness and even a quick flash of hops near the end. The finish was dry on the tongue yet the aftertaste was sweet.

MF= Medium bodied made to feel lighter by a good crisp carbonationm level. Good palate cleanser.

D= I really enjoyed this beer. I know that this style is not universally loved, but I do enjoy a good pumpkin ale in the Fall and it was great to have a super fresh one locally.

Murph's Monster Mash from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery