Saison Jonquille | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Added by AgentZero on 09-06-2011

3.5/5  rDev 0%

3.58/5  rDev 0%

A - A golden colored beer that was slightly hazy. White head that faded to a ring and left some giant splotches on the sides of the glass.

S - Smells a lot of yeast and bananas, almost reminds me of a hefeweizen in some ways. It's quite sweet, and a little bit tart.

T - Taste is again sweet with a marginal amount of tartness. Has some stone fruits, a touch of lemongrass, and a fairly nice banana taste. The end has a bit with a yeast finish, which helps to break the sweetness up.

M - Active carbonation and medium bodied. A very undry finish for a saison.

O - A sweet beer that is refreshing. It was pretty easy for me to get through my 20 oz. Not great, but definintely not a bad beer and I enjoyed it enough with my nachos.

Saison Jonquille from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery