Mac's Porter | Hops Hollow

hopshollow.com

Style: English Porter

Added by Thehuntmaster on 02-11-2012

1.79/5  rDev 0%

450ml plastic bottle 4,0% Abv.
Served chilled in an over sized wine glass.
Purchased at the brewery

Appearance: Fairly typical for a porter - very deep red body topped by a good sized off white head. Head retention and lacing are average.

Smell: Hmmmm, this doesn't smell very appealing! Old tree bark and tart fruits dominate, with roasted malt and chocolate only just present. This certainly smells a tad bit off!

Taste: Blegh, this is certainly infected! Initially light tartness and an odd earthiness with traditional porter notes are almost completely absent!

Mouthfeel: Light body with unpleasantly harsh carbonation.

Overall: It doesn't feel right reviewing a beer that is clearly infected, but I feel that since I bought this beer directly from the brewery and they assured me that it was fresh, they are responsible for the infection!
I will review this beer again, but only if I have the chance to try it with the brewer, so I do not have to waste my money again!

Mac's Porter from Hops Hollow