Campout Stout | Fort George Brewery + Public House

Fort George Brewery + Public House
Oregon, United States
fortgeorgebrewery.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by beertunes on 02-19-2013

4.49/5  rDev 0%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

3.43/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Served in Imperial pint glass. Poured a solid black color, with just over 1/4 inch of dark tan head that had low retention and lacing.

The aroma was a nice blend of grain and sweet malt, while I thought I picked up a bit smokiness, I didn't get any S'more flavors (graham cracker, chocolate, marshmallow) that was supposed to be the highlight of this brew. That pretty much sums up the flavor profile as well. The roast and smoke were a bit bolder, and the beer had a general sweetness, but again, I didn't pick up any S'morey goodness.

The body was fairly typical for a biggerish stout, full, yet not heavy. There was just of a bitterness on the finish. Drinkability was pretty good, I'd certainly try this again. Overall, a pretty good brew, certainly worth a try if you see it.

Campout Stout from Fort George Brewery + Public House