Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Oak Aged Ploegers Vlaams Rood | Grand River Brewing

Style: Flanders Red Ale

Added by kwjd on 09-27-2010

3.25/5  rDev 0%

4.18/5  rDev 0%

On tap at Volo. I didn't realize this was the oak aged version at first (been so long since I've had regular that I didn't have a basis for comparison), but then saw it was listed as oak aged on the chalk board. My guess would be this is 7% abv as well, but I don't actually know.

Pours a dark amber-brown colour with off-white head and nice lacing. Smell has a lot of the oak, with cherry, raisin, grape and brown sugar. Flavour has an nice hit of sourness, but this isn't one of the more sour beers I've had. Very well balanced.

Oak Aged Ploegers Vlaams Rood from Grand River Brewing