Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Style: Baltic Porter

Added by ygtbsm94 on 02-06-2014

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 18
4.09/5  rDev +5.1%

I am a Virginia native, but this is not a biased review. This was my first time visiting the restaurant/ taproom. I thoroughly enjoyed their flight & dinner with my girlfriend. After sampling 12 different brews from draft & enjoying the Polynesian pork sandwich w/ a side salad.. I decided to buy a Blue Mountain "twist on" growler filled w/ Daugava. I let this sit in my refrigerator for 3 days at home before opening it. It tasted just like it did from the flight.... Coffee comes to mind first, then immediate sense of alcohol followed by an earthy accent & surprisingly smooth finish. This is an outstanding Porter and I recommend it to any lover of the darker craft.

Daugava from Blue Mountain Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.