Cuvee D'Abricot | Marble Brewery

Marble Brewery
New Mexico, United States
marblebrewery.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

This sour apricot wheat ale was aged in French oak barrels for a perfectly balanced fruity tartness.

Added by DRyan on 10-09-2012

3.95/5  rDev -9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.16/5  rDev -4.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.18/5  rDev -3.7%

A: Tawny orange with very little head to speak of, and it dissipates quickly with little lacing. For a apricot beer, this is a perfectly fitting color.

S: Earthy, funky, fruity, just what I thought/hoped it would be

T: Oh. My. God. I am a big fan of sours, and not a big fan of apricots in general, but this was awesome. The apricot was a perfect accent to the sour, and I'm not sure that I've had a sour wheat beer before, but if so they did not even come close to this. This was an AWESOME sour.

M: Pretty thin with light carbonation, enough to keep it zesty but not overpowering. While I usually like my beers a bit more carbonated than this one, it seemed to fit the beer pretty perfectly.

D: Give me another please. Now. Bottle this. Now. (And then ship it to TX!)

Cuvee D'Abricot from Marble Brewery