Harborfields Hefeweizen | The Blind Bat Brewery LLC

Style: Hefeweizen

Added by mocktm on 07-24-2012

Reviews by mocktm:
4.22/5  rDev +8.2%

Bought this at the Farmers Market in Babylon, NY from the brewers. Really cool, down to earth guys. Always love to support local breweries.

Looks like a traditional Hefe, although head and carbonation is lacking a bit.

Smells a bit off; I get a bit of banana and clove, but this has a weird bit of funk as well. Not sure if that's intentional or not, but I kind of like it.

Sour, extremely sour! At first I thought this was infected, but then I went to the site and found it described as a "Tart Hefe", so this is what they were going for. Funny thing is, I was thinking even if this is accidental, its pretty damn delicious. The fact that they meant to do it makes it more impressive. Lots of lemon, funk and a hint of standard wheat flavors as well. Nice!

Light bodied and really easy drinking. Again, needs more carbonation, but outside of that, great summer sour.

Awesome beer! The only comparable thing I've had is Jolly Pumpkin's take on a wild Hefe. I'll be sure to grab some more next week!

3.53/5  rDev -9.5%