Karlovačko Grejp | Karlovaċka Pivovara

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by flyingpig on 07-11-2012

1.75/5  rDev -26.8%

2.39/5  rDev 0%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Light & cloudy looking yellow colours that closely resembles a glass of real lemonade. There is some tiny, white bubbles that make up the small head but these disappear almost instantly.

Quite fruity as expected, there is a lot of sugar too and a combination of lemon, line and some citrus with possibly some grapefruit right at the end but if it wasn't for the name of the beer I doubt I'd have noticed this. There is some bitterness from the lemons too but this only makes itself known right at the end.

No hint of alcohol or beer in there. The main flavours some from the bitter lemons and some sugar, lime and grapefruit although again the later is very light and barely noticeable.

Fizzy & increadibly strongly carbonated with a light to thin bodied and a refreshing, soft drink like finish.

The grapefruit from the name was hard to spot in this one with the lemon flavours being more dominant. Light, at least slightly refreshing and very easy to drink although not a real beer in my opinion and not one I'd pick up again in a hurry, if I wanted this sort of drink I'd just stick to Fanta Lemon.

1001 Beers Blog: http://abarwithnoname.wordpress.com