110K+OT Batch #2 - I.R.I.S. - Cherry Hazelnut Cacao Nib Bourbon Barrel Aged | Cigar City Brewing

4.37/5

cigarcitybrewing.com

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Added by tpd975 on 09-28-2009

4.37/5  rDev 0%

Sampled at the brewery before it was shipped for the Treasure Coast Beerfest. Could they have made the name any longer?

A: Pours very dark black with a small mocha head. Light lace.

S: Very bold aroma. Lots of wood, vanilla and cherries up front. Strong notes of espresso, charred malt and booze as well.

T: Tons of very deep roasted malt up front. The barrel then takes over. Lots of burnt oak and bourbon. Subtle notes of vanilla and black cherries underneath. Some chocolate and coffee as well. I could not detect the nuts.

M: Full, rich, and evil. Just the way Wayne likes to make them. A bit of boozey burn in the finish.

D: One I could sit down and sip for hours. Another real solid CCB beer.

110K+OT Batch #2 - I.R.I.S. - Cherry Hazelnut Cacao Nib Bourbon Barrel Aged from Cigar City Brewing