Maduro Oatmeal Brown Ale - Pecan | Cigar City Brewing

cigarcitybrewing.com

Style: American Brown Ale

Added by tpd975 on 02-12-2010

4.38/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This one is like the Belgian Pecan brown without the Belgian yeast. I believe there were also almonds added along with the fresh Georgia Pecans.

A: Pours a nice deep shade of brown with amber hues showing through. Nice tall creamy head with some leggy lace.

S: Roasted malt, and caramel up front. Nice strong notes of fresh cracked nuts.

T: Malty, with a nice roasty sweetness. Light caramel and chocolate notes can be picked up. The nuts are there in a big way. I love how the nuts pull this one together. I thought maduro was the perfect brown ale, but I think the nuts pushed it over the top.

M: Medium in body, smooth as velvet.

D: Very, my favorite brown ale to date. Perfect 5 if rating by style.

Maduro Oatmeal Brown Ale - Pecan from Cigar City Brewing