Beet Pilsner | Napa Smith Brewery

napasmithbrewery.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by illidurit on 02-25-2012

2.86/5  rDev 0%

On tap at the Twisted Tasting in Santa Cruz. So, I don’t like beets. I decided to give them a chance recently because beets have always been one of those foods I’ve never really tried, because they look gross, but I didn’t know if I actually disliked them. Anyway, I got some with a salad, telling myself they might be good, because people always say they’re sweet, and I see stuff made with beet sugar sometimes, so maybe they’re good. Long story a little bit shorter, they tasted like dirt and i threw them away. Back to beer. This beer poured a ludicrous magenta color with a towering pink head. It smelled and tasted basically like a pilsner, but with that same vegetal dirt flavor I got when eating the real thing. Therefore I didn’t like this beer.

Beet Pilsner from Napa Smith Brewery