The Pits | Al's of Hampden / Pizza Boy Brewing

Al's of Hampden / Pizza Boy Brewing
Pennsylvania, United States
alsofhampden.com

Style: American IPA

An IPA brewed with nearly 200 pounds of peaches and seasoned with Citra, Chinook and Nelson Sauvin hops.

Added by jhartley on 08-07-2014

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
3.95/5  rDev +11.9%

4.12/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

4.5/5  rDev +27.5%

3.25/5  rDev -7.9%

3.5/5  rDev -0.8%

4.1/5  rDev +16.1%

3.84/5  rDev +8.8%

Never had anything from these guys, so I was excited to see this on the board at the Bulls Head. I didn't know peaches were involved until I got home.

This was a somewhat hazy golden straw color and it came with a short lived white cap. This was strange and not altogether pleasant, although I did like the second half of the glass better than the first. The hops were muted by an off-tasting, plastic-y tartness. I guess this was the peaches. A little earthy grapefruit pith came through, but the overall bitterness was extremely low. I actually wondered if the bartender brought me the wrong beer, this just did not come across as an IPA. I found some sugar cookie/toffee maltiness as well.

This one wasn't for me and I'm having trouble imagining a how a peachy IPA could be good. Anyway, I hope see these guys on the board again.

I was a bit leery of a fruit IPA, but damn this was tasty and refreshing... Very nicely done... One of my more favorite Pizza Boy offerings...

4.24/5  rDev +20.1%