Kimono Girl | Lift Bridge Brewery

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
Reviews by Pug:
3.5/5  rDev n/a

4.52/5  rDev n/a

Had this on tap on a date at Ngon Vietnamese Bistro. I am very familiar with Lift Bridge, partly because I see their brews all over the cities, partly because I am originally from Stillwater, MN, home to the brewery named after the cities bridge. This was also at Firkin Fest.

I haven't heard of Kimono Girl, but I assumed it had something to do with Farm Girl Saison, which I'm a huge fan of.

Pours a hazy straw color. Looks similar to the original Farm Girl.

There is something going on here in the nose. Something is slightly different in the nose, slightly oriental (maybe thats because I'm at a Vietnamese restaurant, or maybe its true). At the time, I couldn't put my finger on it, and the server was no help. It smells more citrusy and tangy than usual, something I greatly enjoyed.

The taste is different too. There is that citrus tang again. I'm definitely a fan of this. It's going great with my Mock Duck, a perfect match. Similar to the Farm Girl, but slightly different. Just enough deviation to keep me interested and coming back for more.

After doing a little research, I found that Kimono Girl is derived from the Farm Girl Saison (duh) but it is flavored with Lemongrass and Langon fruit. Thats it! I have to say, I am a definite fan of Lift Bridge and both of there "Girls". Definitely looking forward to more brews in the future.

Kimono Girl from Lift Bridge Brewery