Farm Girl Saison Infused With Raspberry Indulgence | Lift Bridge Brewery

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Lift Bridge Brewery
Minnesota, United States | website

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Mistofminn on 01-22-2010

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
Reviews by Mistofminn:
4.23/5  rDev n/a

I wasn't going to review this because I originally assumed it was a one-time only, one-of-a-kind cask. I later found out that it's been brewed and given out at tastings before. So here goes.

First of all, it's hard to classify this as a single style. I understand why it "should" be a Saison, but if you've had this beer you'd know why I classified it as a fruit beer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A hazy purple color, with a large smooth tan head. The color definitely lets you know this is a fruit infused beer, before you even smell it, and I love the hazyness of it.

The first thing I get in the nose of this beer is the sweet raspberry smell. It's hard to pick up the base Saison, which should be fairly easy because I'm very familiar with Farm Girl. The raspberry infusion has made this an entiredly different beer, while still holding onto it's Belgian qualities.

The taste is a lot like the nose, up front with the raspberry's, mellowing into a nice subtle Saison, then finishing sweet and dry. This honestly tastes nothing like the base beer, and the Raspberries have taken this to a whole new level.

Incredibly smooth and creamy, with a low carbonation, as is true with most cask beers. The relatively high temperature and low carbonation really let you pick up all the qualities of the raspberries while still detecting the faintest hint of the base Saison. I think it would be hard to pick up the base Saison if the carbonation were higher. Heavier than I expected also.

Drinkability is not bad, not bad at all, I found myself taking multiple samples of this. It goes down smooth with a new twist on a beer I already like. I hope that the guys at Lift Bridge choose to brew this again in the future, maybe even make it into a seasonal or special release, who knows.

Glad I made it out to Roma Market to try this, as it was definitely worth the short trip. I've always had a profound respect for the guys at Lift Bridge, but this just shows their versatility.

4.23/5  rDev n/a

Farm Girl Saison Infused With Raspberry Indulgence from Lift Bridge Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.