Melody Nelson | McKenzie Brew House

McKenzie Brew House
Pennsylvania, United States
mckenziebrewhouse.com

Style: Bière de Garde

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by yourefragile on 01-31-2012

Liked:
3.9/5
Alströms:

4.3/5  rDev 0%

On draft at the Chadds Ford location. I wish I had taken a picture of the menu, but I think this was described as a Biere de Garde aged for a year, but no mention of wild yeast or barrels.

Pours a hazed brown orange with a white head. Mild aroma of caramel malt, spice, Belgian yeast, light fruit. Flavor takes an interesting turn, more malty and fruity than spice. The ripe fruit presence in the finish makes me wonder now if this was barrel aged, though it was a different flavor than the typical McKenzie barrel kick and wasn't sour or funky. A big, robust malty Biere de Garde, makes me wish Ryan would release a new batch of Cuvee McK. Hint, hint.

Melody Nelson from McKenzie Brew House