Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Hopnosis American Pale Ale | KettleHouse Brewing Co. (Southside Taproom)

3.43/5
Okay

KettleHouse Brewing Co. (Southside Taproom)
Montana, United States
kettlehouse.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Hopnosis American Pale Ale may just persuade you into becoming a hops lover. Unbalanced towards the hops, slightly sweet body with lots of flavor and aroma hops, but not too bitter.

Added by JohnGalt1 on 07-15-2009

3.25/5  rDev 0%

3.62/5  rDev 0%

Brenda and I sped across Missoula to make it to Kettlehouse... She's getting more and more agitated.. but she isn't saying... and then we make it to a Roaring taproom on Myrtle.. It's raining.. and there is little chance that we're getting out quickly. I decided to try the Hopnosis because the lady behind the bar couldn't tell me what style it was... I was HOPING for a DIPA.. but found out after talking to a few of the locals that it is a very hoppy APA... oh well.. it is pretty damn good.

Poured into a standard shaker pint.. fairly clear golden orange brew with a good head and lace..

Aroma is every bit a good American IPA.. pithy citrus and only lite malts.

The palate is pretty fucking bitter for a pale ale... the malts are just prevalent enough to not make this a "drink and move on beer". Big hoppy mid palate is bordering on too much.. it needs more malt for such a small beer. Good carbonation and body.. but honestly.. more hops do not always equal a better beer.... balance is a virtue... The malts are there for a reason.

I got a growler of this before I even took a sip of the glass.... I'm excited to see what the Boise geeks think.

Hopnosis American Pale Ale from KettleHouse Brewing Co. (Southside Taproom)